What can we do to enrich our communities and help us grow stronger as a society?
Here are just a few links where you can give back!
New York City’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center empowers people to lead healthy, successful lives. The Center celebrates our diversity and advocates for justice and opportunity. DONATE
Be who you are, where you are
"Our work is grounded in the simple, yet revolutionary belief every person should be able to live safely, openly, and genuinely in all the places we call home. This is the same belief that has guided our visionary leaders for more than three decades.
Pride Foundation was founded in 1985, in the midst of the HIV & AIDS crisis, by a small but courageous group of people who came together to create a source of light and hope during a period of profound darkness.
Together, we have invested more than $70 million in transformative community change in pursuit of this vision.
Watch our latest video to learn more about who we are, what we do, why we do it—and how you can join us."
Our work is motivated by the fundamental belief that every person should be able to live safely, openly, and genuinely in the places we call home.
When you become part of No Kid Hungry, you're joining a movement of teachers, chefs, community leaders, parents, lawmakers and CEOs with a shared belief: no kid in America should go hungry. DONATE
- "Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty, ages 0-12 years, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves.
In the last 9 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 100 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster." @baby2baby
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network (NQTTCN) is a healing justice organization committed to transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color (QTPoC). They work at the intersection of movements for social justice and the field of mental health to integrate healing justice into both of these spaces. The overall goal is to increase access to healing justice resources for QTPoC. DONATE
- In response to COVID, Brother Vellies’ designer Aurora James launched a sustainable home goods subscription called Something Special. She also started the 15 Percent Pledge, which challenges major retailers to dedicate at least 15% of their shelf space to black-owned businesses. Subscribe to Something Special, sign the 15 Percent Pledge petition, or do both.
- The Conscious Kid is an education, research and policy organization dedicated to reducing bias and promoting positive identity development in youth. We partner with organizations, children’s museums, schools, and families across the country to promote access to children’s books centering underrepresented and oppressed groups.
@threads_for_change_ This account was started with the intent of raising awareness and providing resources & tools for further education and to learn more about how we can support the Black Lives Matter movement.
Loveland Foundation is committed to showing up for communities of color in unique and powerful ways, with a particular focus on Black women and girls. Our resources and initiatives are collaborative and they prioritize opportunity, access, validation, and healing. We are becoming the ones we’ve been waiting for.
- #BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. DONATE
If you want to research more charities and find out how you can give I found the below website extremely resourceful!